The Dream Room at Gardner's
The Dream Room at Gardner’s Mattress & More is a private mattress testing room designed to allow you a unique opportunity to “try before you buy” any mattress in our showroom, in a no-pressure, quiet environment
The room is essentially a sleep sanctuary, adjacent to the showroom, totally private and void of salespeople and other customers, so you can snuggle in and get comfortable. Gardner’s is the only mattress store in Lancaster County that offers such an experience to you.
On a reservation basis, we will prepare the Dream Room with the mattress and pillows of your choice, proper mattress and pillow protectors, and sanitized premium sheets for a fresh and clean experience. A Dream Room appointment may be for as little as 15 minutes, but can last for up to 4 hours if desired. The anticipated end result of a Dream Room visit is to ensure that the mattress being tested is the one that best suits your unique sleep needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I reserve a Dream Room appointment? A Dream Room appointment is arranged after spending time in the Gardner’s showroom with one of our sleep consultants. Our sleep consultants will help you narrow your mattress options down to the one you feel best suits your sleep needs. If you feel you need additional time on the mattress (and we encourage you to!), a Dream Room appointment will be arranged. A $50 deposit is taken upon reservation to get the room ready and a 4-hour window of time is determined during store hours.
2. How should I use my time in the Dream Room? Quite literally, take a nap! This is your opportunity to “try before you buy”, so make the most of your time by paying attention to the support that the mattress provides and how your body feels compared to how you sleep at home. A permanent fixture of the Dream Room is a power-adjustable bed base, so many folks will experience the benefits of elevating the legs and head of the bed to customize comfort. Some people will bring a good book and simply relax. For couples, cuddling is encouraged, although we ask that the bedroom activity stop there out of respect for the room and future sleepers.
3. Why do you charge $50 to use the room? While the $50 deposit is non-refundable, it is 100% put towards your mattress purchase. So in essence, it’s really not a fee, it’s a deposit toward a better night’s sleep!
4. What do you do to ensure a clean sleep environment? First, any mattress entering the Dream Room is protected with a proper allergy and “people-proof” protector. Second, we provide extremely high-quality, fresh sheets and pillowcases. Second, after each Dream Room appointment, the mattress is completely stripped of sheets and protectors and those items are laundered in our sanitizing washer and dryer which is located on-site.
5. I know that Gardner’s provides the pillows of my choice and premium sheets, but can I bring my own pillows and sheets? Absolutely. In fact, bring your pajamas too! We want you to get as comfortable as possible in the room so that you can focus on the mattress.
6. What if I choose a mattress via a Dream Room appointment, but don’t like it when I get it home? Don’t fret! Every mattress purchased through a Dream Room appointment comes with our Wake Up Happy Comfort Guarantee and exchange program. If you don’t love your new mattress, we’ll switch it out with a mattress that you will! And while fees to exchange a mattress normally apply, when purchasing via the Dream Room we waive these fees entirely. Except for deliveries outside of Lancaster County, in these cases, you’ll simply be required to pay for a subsequent delivery fee.
Click here for more details about our Comfort Guarantee