The Gardner’s Gives Back Mission:
Do more in Lancaster County Each and Every Day to Lift Others Up That Need a Helping Hand.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: When you purchase a mattress, take a Gardner’s Gives Back bag home and place any non-perishable food item in it. Canned soup, boxed rice, canned vegetables, canned fruits, boxed meals. Put as much into this bag as you see fit.
Step 2: On the day of your delivery the Gardner’s delivery team will ask you for your Gardner’s Gives Back donation bag.
Step 3: Once a month Gardner’s Mattress & More will donate all the food items that were collected to a charity and Gardner’s will make a matching food donation, pound for pound, of all collected food items.
OR, simply drop off your donated items at Gardner’s – you don’t have to be a Gardner’s customer to donate!
Here’s two local food banks we’re currently working with:
- The food banks collect non-perishable food items.
We also are collecting for pets!
- High quality dog food
- Treats (except treats made in China or rawhide)
- Durable toys (Kong toys or any other brand that is durable – there are many!)
- Benebones Puppy toys (for when we have young babies and litters of puppies – stuffed toys are also given to puppies)
- Nylabones (for heavy chewers)
- Sterilized white/natural bones
- Peanut butter (to stuff Kongs and bones)
- 6 foot leashes
- Laundry detergent
- Bleach Paper towels
Lancaster Connects brings together local charities, local heroes, and local businesses to showcase the best of what Lancaster, PA has to offer so that in 2021 and beyond – our local neighbors and friends may thrive, be more productive, and live happily and generously.
The Lancaster Connects Podcast is hosted weekly by Gardner's Mattress & More co-owners Ben McClure & Jeff Giagnocavo, and can be viewed on numerous streaming services as well as listed to on your favorite podcast platforms.
Check out past episodes, enter our weekly giveaway contest and nominate a local non-profit or community hero here.